Gary
Gary, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech/15 years ASE master
19513769

I have a 2007 pontaic torrent my engine light came on and

Customer Question

I have a 2007 pontaic torrent my engine light came on and now my tranny shifts like slip from 2 to 3 gear is my tranny going or can it be a sensor
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

alot of these transmission that do this when the light comes on is usually do to a transmission code being set in the computer which on these is somewhat common for the pressure control solenoid or one of the shift solenoids to act up and cause both the issue of the light and the 2-3 shift issue

there are also some engine codes that can set to also cause this issue

the best action to take is to cut this problem in 1/2 or basically find out is it the transmission physically or a transmission control issue

usually the code set will lead us one way or the other

BUT 90 % of these issues end up being the pressure control solenoid or a shift solenoid issue which the transmissions side cover is removed and the solenoids replaced and the valve body cleaned

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

you can always get me back through this post for FREE anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer for any follow up anytime as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here