Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I want to ad some performance parts to my 2006 Pontiac

Customer Question

I want to ad some performance parts to my 2006 Pontiac Solstice. But want the "biggest bang for my buck". Maybe suspension improvements first. It has a GM air intake system already. It's the basic model w/ 5-speed stick. I would like good handling and overall better
performance. Don't need a turbo or supercharger. Thanks *****
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello Bob

exhaust systems are one of the best and most cost effective ways of increasing performance as a good quality catback can often yield 4-5% improvement over the stock system

and as for improved suspension then you need to spend about $1000 a corner to get an aftermarket coilover thats possible to tune to a higher standard than the stock item as you need seperate bump and rebound adjustment and a progressive rate spring to achieve a good quality ride with better body control than standard

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.