Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2003 Pontiac Montana are not working we replaced the

Customer Question

My 2003 Pontiac Montana are not working we replaced the modular we have replaced the switch the fuses are fine the headlights are the same still DRL no dash lights no backlight I have brake lights and sometimes I have marker lights I also have turn signals I also have hazard lights
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Can you clarify which lights are not working - the headlights, dash lights and reverse lamps are not working?

Which module did you replace - ecm, pcm, bcm?

Please remember that I am not there and as such may need to ask for more information or clarification at times

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bcm
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DRL cluster in the dash and the tail lights are not working I have turn signals and brake lights I have the hazard light and the keyless remote will unlock and lock the van but the headlights will not flash for indication
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To all mechanics I have a 2003 Pontiac Montana I have no DRL no dash lights no tail light when light switch is turned all the way to the right headlights are the only thing that works I do have hazards and turn signals no tail lights and still no dash lights. What I've done change light switch checked fuses still good change modular under dash checked for any exposed wiring is there anybody that can tell me something that I am NOT doing( this is what I posted earlier on Facebook)
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

HI,

Ok, at the DRL module underneath the left side of the dash, I need you to check for good grounds and 12v at the indicated pins I have highlighted in the attached diagrams with headlamps on. Let me know the results

Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do apologize but it's about a quarter till 11 I get up about 4:30 to go to work
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

HI,

I am here everyday from around 8am MST to 9pm MST, so whenever it is convienent for you to get to be able to test it is fine. To leave this open to reply back with results, just dont reply to this reply now. That leaves it open for 7 days. You can bookmark this page to make it easier to navigate back to.

Have a good evening and will continue this when you are able to do the tests and post back