Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

Bougth a 2006 gran prix supercharger 168k, temperature

Customer Question
bougth a 2006 gran...
bougth a 2006 gran prix supercharger 168k, temperature started going past 3/4 of the way to running hot which we noticed antifreeze leaked on ground but no idea from where so we thougth it was radiator but no leaks were found with radiator and repair shop said the water pump was leaking so the repairman replaced water pump and the same day the car is leaking oil from timing chain seal so he replace the seal 2x's 1st seal the mechanic says he replaced it with was not the same as the original seal and then the second time I personally bought the correct seal identical to the original one replaced, he replaced the harmonic balancer still not sure why this was done when we went for an antifreeze leak and still have leak and then all of the sudden you hear noticeable clicking noise and now it's leaking brake fluid so I have spent a total of $700 dollars and still have the same problem I started out with after the water pump was replaced. What could have possibly happened ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
Just out of curiosity why would the harmonic balancer need replacing if seal is leaking which he called a salvage yard to obtain a replacement the made repairs which resulted in same problem still a leak, what is the connection of waterpump,seal and harmonic balancer and the repairman admitted that 1st seal he replaced had a lip on it not like the original so he placed it on anyway then the 2nd time I personally brought parts with my $ to ensure correct part. Not sure if brake fluid leak is connected to this either but I have more noise and more issues than I started out with. please help
9/20/2015
Pontiac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
If there was no noise from the harmonic balancer before the repair, he likely damaged it trying to remove it. You have to use a puller for it and if you either hammer it off or remove wrong with the puller, you damage it. It does come off for the front seal.
The brake fluid leak, I need to know where to know if it could be related to the other repairs.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager