FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2006 Pontiac g6 and my check engine light come on

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Pontiac g6 and my check engine light come on with a message saying that there was reduced power to the engine so Ireplaced the tps sensor the light went off for one day then come back on
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me why you replaced the TPS? Was there a code for it? What codes did you have in the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
co561 p1225 p2138 p112p1238
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I have one more question. Can you please tell me which engine size you have in the vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.5
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. When you get this series of codes the issue is typically in the accelerator pedal assembly or in the throttle body motor itself. Most of the time it is the pedal assembly. I would first make sure that the throttle body does not have any loose terminals and also check the wiring going to the pedal assembly. Pay close attention to any of the wiring under the kick panel under the far left side under the dash. It is common to have corrosion issues there. If those are fine then you would either need to test or replace the pedal assembly to start.