Amedee
Amedee, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2007 Grand Prix and I have been having trouble with

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Grand Prix and I have been having trouble with my car shutting off after about 15-20 minutes of driving when I slow down or come to a stop. Any Idea what is wrong with it?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Is this engine supercharged? Is the check engine light on? Are there any codes in the computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe it is super charged, the check engine light is not on and the only lights that are showing up are for the Traction and ABS Systems, my brakes will buckle every once in a while
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for that information. The most common cause of this stalling condition would be a bad ECM, crankshaft position sensor or a fuel pump.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is a normal transmission fluid temp? it runs to about 150 to 160 degrees before shutting off
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

That is about normal operating temp

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, what is a ECM and how much does that normally cost to get fixed?
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

The ECM is the engine control module. YES, it is rather expensive to replace.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how much is rather expensive?
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

$446.18

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

The factory O.E. part number is *****

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's service and part?
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

Just the part.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
would the recall of the starter ignition for the 2007 Grand Prix have anything to do with this?
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

Its possible

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I try to start the Car after it stalls, it will rev up and then turn off again, if I allow it to sit for a while it runs fine
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

Right, I understand. Those things I mentioned can in fact do this.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you still need any further assistance?

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 years ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?