Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

I have a 1991 Firebird v8 5.0 VIN E Throttle body automatic

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 1991 Firebird v8 5.0 VIN E Throttle body automatic car.
I replaced the distributor with a Billet due to mine wearing out. Now my car hesitates on acceleration from idle and if I put the car into passing gear when driving at 40 mph.
Any suggestions? I thought throttle position sensor. I have not been able to find a mechanic in the Dallas Ft Worth area to diagnose this old of a car.
Thank you for your help and guidance.
Charles
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Charles if you did not have the problem before you replaced the distributor then the first thing you should do is recheck the distributor install making sure it aligned correctly and the timing is set correctly and if so then the next steps would be to scan the computer and see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there.