Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

My 99 Pontiac Grand Prix gt won't start. It's not the

Customer Question

Hi. My 99 Pontiac Grand Prix gt won't start. It's not the battery or starter. If you hold the key on and jump the starter, it will start, but dies as soon as you let go of the key. Any ideas? Thanks much!
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

I am going to attach sequence for a theft learn. Can you try this first?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. A rating is required from you rating me. I am not an employee of this website. I do not have control over the fees, or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative, or not at all you still pay. I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Samuel, the car is stranded 25 miles up north, so we can't take your suggestion til we get there this weekend. Thank you.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

OK. Let me know the results, so we can go with next steps if needed

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.
It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Samuel. Sorry but due to weather and work schedule we haven't made it to camp yet to try your suggestion. This weekend for sure. Thank you.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.