Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Pontiac G6 GT: I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT hardtop convertible

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT hardtop convertible it started leaking hydraulic oil on passenger side rear seat when opening and closing top. The top will not go up and down at this time. Is there a place to add oil so I can locate leak. And how difficult is it to replace the cylinder.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same.The pump has the fluid reservoir in it. there is a bolt on top that is where you add fluid. I doubt your cylinder is leaking. I would think you will discover you have a leaking hose once you get it apart.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where is the pump located so I can add oil. Andrew
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 years ago.
The pump should be in the trunk on the passenger side. As I remember you have to take a cover off to add oil.