Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Pontiac: hey i have a prob with electrical on my 2005 sv6will

Customer Question

hey i have a prob with electrical on my 2005 sv6
will not turn over and several things are not working like istrument panel driver information center and of course the staeter
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello Chris. Yes, I am still having trouble with my sv6. I did get it to start momentarily today by jumper from 30 to 87 on crank relay. it would die within seconds though.. Leads me to possibly passkey III not working there is no anti theft light other than the little blinking light on the radio volume knob. There are no indicator lights on the dash working including the driver information display it will only show mileage when you push the info button. If I could completely disengage the anti theft then maybe I could get it to the shop. Other elec items dont work either like the power sliding door. However, I got it to work momentarily yesterday after doing several key relearn processes. I did both the 10 minute and 3 successive 10 min key relearns did not work to fix prob. Do you think it is just passkey or the BCM. What to do? I cannot afford to pay for a bunch of diags and these expensive parts. Why would it just quit working suddenly going down the road with no other indication of a problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have you gotten a chance to review the above information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This urgent. I will have to get it to the gm garage if I dont come up with something soon It is the wifes work vehicle and the grocery getter
When you did the 30 minute relearn did you get the correct message on the data center? Below is a link showing what you should see.Do you have access to a scan tool to see which codes are stored and which modules can not communicate? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the data center does not work only the mileage when i push the info button. I cannot get fuel range or any of the driver info. I did the relearn several times just like many sources explained I tried both the single 10 min and the 30 min relearn process. But since I did not have a security ligh or the data center to get confirmation, I just waited the time plus a bit extra. Neither worked. I wish I had a scan tool but then some say it will only tell whether two or more modules are not communicating .I will rate the experience here but for now I need to get this thing running or find out if it is ready for the scrap heap.
Thanks for clearing that up, so the entire cluster is not turning on, when the key is turned on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that is correct. The only thing that lights up is the little engine outline and the backlight illunination for the dash. Also, I can hear the fuel pump kick on and several relays will click I can also take the relay from the crank position and jump from 30 to 87 and get it to start for about 5 seconds and then dies
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, the radio doesnt come on but I can still see the clock when I push in the volume button.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no door ajar chime with the key in ignition but the dome lights come on and go dim to off just like they are supposed to
There are more issues, than I feel I can address thoroughly online. I am going to let another try and help you.