Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

GM Pontiac Grand Prix: 2004 Grand Prix 3.8 s/c . !95,00 kilometers.

Customer Question
2004 Grand Prix 3.8 s/c...
2004 Grand Prix 3.8 s/c . !95,00 kilometers. Abs pump problem. Only happens when hot. Not when first run. Traction control off, Abs fail brake fail, asst steering fail etc. Is it the pump or the module? My mechanic put it on computer and it showed a pump failure. Dont want to spend another $100 to take to gm to diagnose. Would like to find used part but not sure what I should buy.. Any Help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
7/7/2015
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
A pump failure can tell the module to disable the features you have warning lights for. I would need the codes and would need to do some diag to be 100% sure the pump is what is needed. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician