Pete, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  17 Years Pontiac Technician and training.
14928985

Pontiac Torrent: Ok.. good mystery . pontiac solstice

Customer Question

Ok.. good mystery for you. pontiac solstice - Power Steering Intermittently fails and intstrument cluster lights up like a christmas tree and then all instrument cluster functions cease to operate - Zero MPH, Zero on Tack, Empty on Fuel... any ideas?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In allot of cases this is due to either an internal intermittent electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.If this has not been tested when the vehicle is acting up this should be done and if found to be the cause it will need replaced.
Check and make sure the battery cables are all clean and tight at the battery and the engine as well as under hood fuse box as this can cause this issue here as well.
Thanks Pete