Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pontiac Montana: Chris, I have my air bag light on, on my…

Customer Question
Hi Chris, I have my...
Hi Chris, I have my air bag light on, on my 2005 Montana van, I have noticed under the passenger seat that there are two electrical connectors that are hanging in the air. could this the problem do they need to be grounded or does that matter. I am not getting any OBDII codes as well. can you help me out
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pontiac
6/22/2015
Pontiac Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Mater Technician replied 3 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the light came on all of a sudden or has it been like that for some time?
It came on unknowingly when my son inlay was driving the vehicle,
I did notice that the sensor on the rad support has some pieces missing out of it. When I first got the vehicle one of the wires was broken that go to the Air bag impact sensor. I repaired it using an electrical connector (crimp type) and the light went out and stayed out for some time, until recently. I thought maybe that water had rusted the connection so I redid the connection but it didn't fix the problem.
Thank you for the response. If that connection has allowed moisture to get into the harness then that will cause this to occur. If the wiring appears to be fine then the next most common cause of this is a failing clock spring in the steering column. You would need to scan the air bag module to know for sure what is going on. Did you have a scan tool with this capability?
I have an oBDII, and a snap on diagnostic tool, but it only goes to 2000,
the OBDII does not show any codes.
I do have access to a shop that can give me the codes, that will have to wait till tomorrow morning though,
If you can do that it would help. Your scan tool will not have the capability of doing this. Bring me the codes and we can continue from there.