SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 16 years experience
10552493

Pontiac G6: I have a 2005 Pontiac G6 and the fan was only working

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Pontiac G6 and the fan was only working on high. I replaced the blower resistor under the glove box and the fan worked on all levels for a few minutes and now it only works on high again. What could be shorting the blower resistor? A faulty fan switch? A faulty blower motor? Faulty wiring harness? Thanks.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  SuperDave replied 2 years ago.
A faulty blower motor is what caused the blower resistor to fail the first time.The blower is drawing too many amps causing the blower resistor to burn up.When ever you replace the blower resistor you should always replace the blower motor. If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT (or 3-5 STARS) today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help you more.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating.Thank you!David