Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pontiac Grand Prix GTP: I have an 04 grand prix gtp. Worked…

Customer Question
I have an 04 grand...
I have an 04 grand prix gtp. Worked great, then Sunday it wouldn't start shortly after driving it. It never stumbled before this. Now it just cranks and no start. It has spark at the coils. (took a wire off the coil and cranked and it arced). It has 50 psi fuel pressure on the rail. I have no noid light but have an led test light. am planning on testing the wiring/signal to the injectors. Could i have a shorted injector that is causing the others not to fire? I will also pull and check a plug to see if wet. I don't smell gas as if it's flooded from a faulty fuel regulator, and not even sure if this has a regulator? It won't even sputter. It sat 4 days now and now the battery is dead. I will have to test for the parasitic drain after i get it running. It's sitting in a parking lot currently... Please help. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pontiac
6/12/2015
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Injector pulse testing is needed, but a test light will blink so dim, its tough to even see, you can though at least verify power to the coils, this would rule out a shorted coil. No pulse normally is a faulty cam sensor. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician