Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pontiac Sunfire: problem w/ starting vehicle; replaced starter;

Customer Question
problem w/ starting vehicle; replaced...
problem w/ starting vehicle; replaced starter; & whole cylinder w/ new key? Now it's not starting ('97 sunfire) & mechanic states need an anti-theft ??
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pontiac
6/7/2015
Pontiac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Pontiac Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
I still have NOT gotten a response re: the question(s) submitted RE; Pontiac Sunfire '97??? What's going on. I gave my deposit ~~ soooooooooo? Pls acknowledge receipt of this email. THX
Hi
I assume it will not crank and the theft system light is flashing or on solid with the key on. If that is the case then disconnect the battery, hold the cables together for one minute. Reconnect. Insert the key and turn it to the run position. Come back 12 minutes later and the indicator should be off and it should start.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris