Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pontiac G6 GT: . My cars theft detterant lock light turned…

Customer Question
Hi. My cars theft detterant...
Hi. My cars theft detterant lock light turned on and then the car turned off while I was driving. Stuck and it wont turn back on.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Pontiac
6/5/2015
Pontiac Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Mater Technician replied 3 years ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Mater Technician
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me what the car does not when you try starting it?
absolutely nothing!
Thank you. Will the key still turn in the ignition?
Had to get car towed.The key turns physically, but nothing happens. No sound. No attempting to start. Seems the whole system was shutdown.
Thanks for getting back with me. I am sorry that you had to have it towed. It sounds like you have a failed ignition switch. It may be a battery also, but the ignition switch is very common on this car. If you have questions about what the shop tells you please let me know.
Not the battery, and not the ignition switch. It has to do with the theft deterrant system. Still can't get it to start. Thanks anyway.
The theft deterrent system on this car only shuts down the fuel system so if that was the issue the engine would still crank. The only way that the theft deterrent would cause this would be if the body control module that controls this system has failed. You can try resetting the security system but most of the time that will not solve it if it will not start at all. Do anyof the other dash lights turn on too?