Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Pontiac G6: When I open the door on my Pontiac g6 the interior

Customer Question

When I open the door on my Pontiac g6 the interior lights don't turn on. the dome lights work by pushing the button
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your Pontiac problem.
Does this problem happen when any of the doors are open, or is it just the drivers door that has the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It happens on all doors.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
When the door is open, is there a door ajar indicator on the dash that is lit?
If you run the car with the radio on and then turn off the key, does the radio stay on and then turn off when the door is opened?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No door ajar indicator is lit when door is opened. When car is running with radio on it will turn off when door is opened.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information. Since the radio turns off with the door open, the door switch is operational. On the main dome lamp, check the switch. Make sure the switch is in the DOOR position, then recheck operation and let me know.