GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2006 Pontiac g6 gt 3.5 I have a po449 code i replaced

Customer Question

i have a 2006 Pontiac g6 gt 3.5 I have a po449 code i replaced the evap and checked fuses and it still says its intermitten so could be a short or a bad connection
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
Which sensor did you replace?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
evaporative vent solenoid
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, great. Do you happen to have access to any testing equipment? Test lamp, scan-tool, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
scan tool
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
[OK. The P0449 is pointing to a problem with the Vent Solenoid, so if you replaced it and the code didn't clear, then more than likely the problem lies in the circuit to the solenoid. So, that's what we'll need to chase down. I've wrapped up the test procedure into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file((HERE)). Please remember to do the right thing and leave a rating using the stars at the top right of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A! You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. If you cannot rate or accept, please reply and let me know!