Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

Pontiac Sunfire SE: The Cylinder On The Far Right ( If Looking

The Cylinder On The Far...
The Cylinder On The Far Right ( If Looking At It From Front bumper) Wont Fire. It Has Spark And The Spark Plug Is Black So It HaS Fuel.
7/23/2013
ClayA
ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
Just going to ask a few basic questions to get up to speed on what you have going on here.
Do you have a misfire code for the number 4 cyl (P0304)?
Is the plug wet and black or dry and black?
What was the result of the compression test?

You could have a leaking injector causing the cylinder to receive too much fuel. You could confirm this by swapping the number 4 injector with one of the other injectors. (Say swap inj. 4 and inj. 1) Then see if the problem moves to the other cylinder that you swapped with. This would let you know if it was an injector problem.

Have Not Checked Codes, Dry And Black,.And From Left To Right From Bumper Compression Is 95 95 95 115

The specification for compression is 100psi. So I don't see a problem there. Just kinda odd for the affected cylinder to be 115psi (20psi more than the others). This further leads me to believe that the injector may be leaking. A wet cylinder will have more compression than a dry one.
ClayA
ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
ClayA
ClayA
ClayA, ASE Certified Technician