Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How is the heater fuse repaired in a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire?

Good day, how is the...
Good day, how is the heater fuse repaired in a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire?
11/3/2012
Carguyjosh
Carguyjosh, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon.

Can you tell me what type of problem your having with the heater?

I'm going to try to give you much more than general information on how to repair the problem..

Thanks, Josh

Hello, the heater fuse in the fuse block might be blown, because the heater isn't working. Does a new fuse need to be purchased? I don't know the item nor part number offhand, and the service manual is no longer available for this car.

Ok.

I am going to look into the wiring now. I'll be right back to you..

Thanks, Josh

thanks josh.

Ok.

There are 2 fuses that supply power to this system. The first is a 10 amp fuse in the interior fuse box. The second is a 30 amp blower fuse in the fuse box under the hood. It is common for this one to blow..

I am going to include a wiring diagram to help..

Please ask me anything that you need..

Thanks, Josh

graphic

Just to clarify, this blown fuse is for the heating system in the car to warm it up, which I believe is different from the engine heater.

Is is the block heater that warms the engine coolant on cold days or the heater that blows warm air at you?

Thanks, Josh

This fuse is for the heater or heating system for the car itself, when you want to warm up the car on a cold autumn or winter day, that way you and the car aren't frozen.

That heater should have no fuse. If you follow the power cable that you plug into the wall down, it just connects to a block heater. If its not working the heater needs to be replaced..

Thanks. Josh

Carguyjosh
Carguyjosh, ASE Certified Technician