Amedee
Amedee, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2000 Pontiac Grand Am: lock cylinder..passlock sensor..sensor located

Customer Question

2000 Pontiac Grand Am, 3.4, SE. What is the procedure for replacing the lock cylinder? Where is the passlock sensor located and the procedure for replacing it?? Thhanks.
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Hello!

I cannot copy and paste this procedure from any manual as it is against copy write laws. However, I can tell how to do this job. The ignition cylinder lock assembly gets replaced as a whole entire unit. This contains the pass lock sensor. You will need to remove the instrument cluster itself and then you will be able to gain access to this ignition switch lock cylinder and replace it.

I hope this helps!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ont understand, you are the first expert that has been troubled with copyright infringment.

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
I know.. some Experts will and some Experts wont. Most Experts are doing it illegally and some have paid thousands of dollars to re publish or copy and paste the material.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Two issues: 1- I have never had any mechanic have an issue with sending me a copy of the location of a part if it would help. 2- The answer(comments) were very uninforming, they told me nothing.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Dave. I dont see the passlock sensor or the ignition lock cylinder. Is this the right schematic for replacing the sensor and the ignition lock cylinder because I dont find them on the schematic you sent. Please advise. Are they called something else?
Expert:  SuperDave replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I don't seem to have a diagram of it.I will opt out so another expert can help you.
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Here is a picture of your ignition switch/passlock sensor.

Click here