Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

pontiac Bonneville SE: where is the neutral safety switch on

where is the neutral safety switch on my 98 bonneville and how many connectors does it have?

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. Please DON’T hit accept until you are completely satisfied with the answer. If you need any more on it just let me know. About your vehicle.

graphic

DESCRIPTION
The Transaxle Range Switch is part of the Transaxle Park/Neutral Position (PNP) switch mounted on the transaxle manual shaft.

OPERATION
The 4 inputs from the transaxle range switch indicate to the PCM which position is selected by the Transaxle selector lever. This information is used for transmission shift control, ignition timing, EVAP canister purge, EGR and Idle Air Control (IAC) valve operation. The combination of the four transaxle range input states determine the PCM commanded shift pattern. The input voltage level at the PCM is high (B+) when the transaxle range switch is open and low when the switch is closed to ground. The state of each input is represented on the scan tool as X=high voltage level, 0=low voltage level. The four parameters represent transaxle range switch Parity, A, B, and C inputs respectively. Valid transaxle range input combinations are shown in the Transaxle Range Switch Valid Input Combinations table.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
DOES IT HAVE ONE OR TWO ELECTRICAL CONNECTORS ON IT?
There are 2

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
WHICH PLUG DOES WHAT?
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I HAVE TO HOOK UP A WIRE FROM A SECURITY BYPASS MODULE TO THE NEUTRAL SAFETY CONNECTION. DO YOU KNOW WHICH WIRE IT WOULD BE ON WHICH PLUG. SUPPOSEDLY IT IS A BLACK WITH WHITE STRIPE WIRE
Your original question was "where is the neutral safety switch on my 98 bonneville and how many connectors does it have?", which has long been answered.
However if it is a security system then it is probably the crank enable that you want, that is the yellow wire at the "C1" connector, terminal G

graphic

*

*

*

PLEASE NOTE; YOU MUST HIT THE ACCEPT BUTTON TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION AND CREDIT YOUR EXPERT

*

*
*