Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6: automatic sliding door..rear passenger side…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Pontiac...
I have a 2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 and I am having a lot of problems with the "one" automatic sliding door on the rear passenger side. It is not closing and staying closed. It opens up. It is chiming ALL the time. Sometimes it is a "power" door and sometimes it is NOT a "power" door. I like it when it is NOT a power door. I would like to know how to disable this power door. I never wanted a power door and now I know why!!!!! I love the vehicle. I have owned it for almost 5 years. This door situation is really annoying though.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Pontiac
12/5/2011
Pontiac Mechanic: Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician replied 6 years ago
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Pontiac problem.

Before making it a manual door, try resetting the door open and closed points. Clean the contacts on the leading edge of the door and the matching contacts on the body with a scotchbrite pad or steel wool. Then remove the PSD fuse and close the sliding door. Install the PSD fuse and use the sliding door switch to fully open and close the door two times. This will allow the module to relearn the open and closed positions and hopefully solve your problem.
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
Dave Nova
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician