JHoop
JHoop, Pontiac Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

Pontiac G6 GTP Convertible top on 2007 Pontiac G6 GTP will

Customer Question

Convertible top on 2007 Pontiac G6 GTP will not go down. Keep getting message to check cargo area, but there is nothing in the cargo/truck area. Where are the sensors?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Hello , my name is JHoop and thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Please tell me all of the problem as my answers are based on the information you provide. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have about the same problem.

Has the BCM been checked for codes? Have any?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry, what is BCM? If it is the computer you are referring to, is there a way to check for a code?
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
No way to check for a code without a scanner. GM Tech 2. I have all the testing procedures yet it requires a scanner that has BCM(body control module) reading capabilities.

That cargo area message must be fixed first. It is a lower number GM code and GM requires the lowest code numbers fixed first.

I have locations of that system. The GM charts require the correct scanner to test that system.

If you have any more questions or need diagrams or service info, please don't hesisitate to ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT. If you have an unlimited plan you will not be billed again yet I won't get credit unless ACCEPT is pressed.

Your question is always open and you can get back to me at any time by answering any e-mail related to this question or by simply logging on to your JA account and go to your questions. God Bless

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Also remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We have had this issue before, and it seems the area where the sensors are is very sensitive, so if we knew the location of the sensors, we could make sure the area was clear and not sensins something to prevent the top from going down.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
OK. Do you park under a tree? Drains work good? Rails are clear of debris?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Park in a garage, rails are clear of debris and as far as I knowthe drains work good.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Good info. Thanks. Here are the locations. Change the micro switches.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by CLICKING HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you need more help, please ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT. If you have an unlimited plan you will not be billed again yet I won't get credit unless ACCEPT is pressed.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The PDF attachment is for a sunroof; we are having issues with a convertible top not going down.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Sorry. CLICK HERE for that folding top info.