GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

How do I replace the front drivers side strut on my 2006 G6, 3.

Customer Question

how do I replace the front drivers side strut on my 2006 G6, 3.5 liter
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 6 years ago.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

GM Tech (Cam) :

These are not too bad to replaced, but you will need a spring compressor.

GM Tech (Cam) :

There is the sway bar nut that needs to come off, then a couple bolts through the knuckle that you remove and drive out then the 3 nuts/bolts at the top.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Then you bring it out the bottom and use a spring compressor to collapse the spring before you take the single nut off the top.

Customer:

I don"t have spring compressor

GM Tech (Cam) :

If you can get the assembly out, a shop may onyl charge a few dollars to swap the strut only when you bring it in.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT If my answer was helpful. You can reopen it at any time by replying to it and I will answer ASAP. PLease keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer. Cam.