Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Pontiac Grand Prix i am removing a brake caliper from an 2005

i am removing a brake caliper from an 2005 grand prix. i have the brake line off but am unsure how to remove the other line that is attached to the caliper. or even what the line is called.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is only one hydraulic line going into the caliper, is this other one a hose, or a wiring harness?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
its a wire that has a spring loaded clip on it.
is this on the front or the rear?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

rear.

oh ok, this is the emergency brake cable, to remove this you need to loosen the ebrake adjustment, then the spring clip will come off, then you can remove he caliper, if you follow this cable forward, you will see where it meets the cable for the other side, at this point there will be an adjusting nut, loosen it here and it will loosen the cables, so they can be removed from the cailper,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i followed the cable forward but i do not see were their is an adjusting nut
it is in the middle of the car, underneath, by the exhaustgraphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok one more question sorry. if i were to accidentally break this line is it needed for my brakes to work properly or just my e brake to work. at least until i get it to a mechanic
No, it will not effect the normal breaking, just the parking brake, so it will be ok to drive,Tim