Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 sunfire: diagram on how to replace the ignition

do you have a diagram...
do you have a diagram on how to replace the ignition in a 2002 sunfire...we have it out but cant get it to line up going back in
6/15/2011
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Pontiac Mechanic

Are you referring to the lock cylinder for the key or the electrical switch itself?

Yes we have the cylinder with the key out...the root of the problem was the car would not start so lots of people gave us bunches of advice and not it REALLY wont start so we are trying to get back to square 1

Thanks,

You have to turn the cylinder counter clockwise about 5 degrees when inserting it. Below are the remove and install instructions.

graphicgraphic

If you have further questions feel free to reply.Please remember we use an honor system and you have to click on accept so i receive credit for assisting you.

Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Pontiac Mechanic