Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

Pontiac Bonneville SE Where is the blower motor resistor located

Where is the blower motor...
Where is the blower motor resistor located on an 1997 Bonneville?
12/18/2010
Pete, Pontiac Technician
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

Your blower resistor assembly is located just above the blower motor under the hood on the engine firewall more towards the passenger side.

It should have an electrical connector plugged into it and some screws holding it in place.

On some vehicles I have had to cut the plastic/rubber trim around the resistor in order to access the screws to replace the resistor.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Is it inside of the fan housing?
It sits inside and outside of the heater box,it is removed from the outside under the hood of the vehicle near the blower motor after the screws are removed,then it can be removed and pulled out of the heater box.The resistor portion of this resistor assembly does sit inside the heater box this way the fan keeps it cool when it is operating,but the resistor is removed from under the hood on your vehicle on top of the heater box where the blower motor is on the back of the engine on the firewall.

It is not inside the fan but is above the heater fan on the heater box.

Pete, Pontiac Technician
Thank you. We are looking for it.
Your welcome.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete!

Happy Holidays!
Pete, Pontiac Technician