Pontiac

Pontiac Problems? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Pontiac

Pontiac Bonneville SE how to replace the blend door actuator

Customer Question
how to replace the blend...
how to replace the blend door actuator on a 1997 pontiac bonneville
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Pontiac
11/9/2010
Pontiac Mechanic: marcpod, Own collision repair advice replied 7 years ago
marcpod
marcpod, Own collision repair advice

Welcome, You need need to drop the steering column disable the airbags and pull the dash out. To get tot the blend door. If you think you can do all this let me know if you can't or don't think you can do this let me know. Where you need to go is to a auto body shop the insurance rates prevail what that means is it may be 6 hours but at body rate not mechanical the only thing mechanical is dropping the steering column.

Is dropping the steering column the only way to access this????? I appreciate your response!

You may not need to drop the steering wheel but take off the steering wheel with the air bags driver and passenger sides. I ask that because I know how intricate it can be. I am certainly not saying you can't do it. If you know what I mean.

Edited by marcpod on 11/9/2010 at 6:16 PM EST
Thank you.
Your welcome!
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician