jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certified
8668911

special: steps to change the power window motor

Customer Question

what are the steps to change the power window motor on a sunfire 2003.... and any special tool needed
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 7 years ago.

hi, here is the procedure for the regulator removal and reassembly the only difference is that the new motor will or should come with new bolts to assemble to the regulator and then install the regulator and pop rivet to the door ,connect the power to the motor and raise it to about halfway or so to get at the bolts or nuts that hold the window to the regulator,then bolt in the window ,,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

• Remove the power window regulator bolts (3).
  • Drill out the power window regulator rivets (2).
  • Remove the power window regulator (5) from the door
    1. Position the power window regulator (5) in the door.
    2. Connect the door window regulator electrical connector.
    3. Install the power window regulator rivets (2). Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
    4. Install the power window regulator bolts (3). Tighten the regulator bolts (3) to 10 N.m (89 lb in).
    5. Remove the tape from the window and push the window down to the regulator.
    6. Install the power window to regulator nuts (4). Tighten the window to regulator nuts (4) to 10 N.m (89 lb in).
    7. Install the water deflector.
    8. Install the door trim panel.
  • Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    I just have the new window lift motor................ it is attached to another part of the window jack that lift the window. Do I have to take the whole piece out /
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Your information if not enough................ I was looking for more info so someone that did not work for GM could replace the motor..........

I am NOT SATISFIED..................

I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE ANSWER

I didnt work for GM,however I have worked on many,many different makes for many years,first did you remove the window regulator?did you get new bolts and nuts with the motor,do you have the glass out or is it taped up(closed)I need to know how you got the motor out ...guy...
    Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    Relist: I want my deposit cancelled..... This is not what I was looking for...........
    I want my deposit cancelled..... This is not what I was looking for..........
    you were asking step by step info,I gave you that according to the manual, but I need to know how you got the motor out,if you also removed the regulator and glass ,did the new motor come with the bolts or rivets etc, I am trying to help you but I do nedd this info to help...guy...