John, GM FACTORY CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE A1-A8 w/L1 GM master technician.Factory certified/40 years experience
6408229

Grand Am: 2000 model..interlock..the solenoid for the key release

Customer Question

My mom has an approximately 2000 model Grand Am. The brake interlock system does not work and the solenoid for the key release won't work. Just replaced the solenoid but it doesn't get any power. You can shift the car out of park without touching the brake. Is there a fuse box somewhere other than on the panel by the steering wheel and the one under the hood by the battery?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
John :

Hello & Welcome to JA,

John :

The voltage for this circuit starts at the underhood junction block / fuse B-U LMP/BTSI - 15 AMP

John :

I am sending a schematic of the circuit to help you.If you need any more help ,please do not hesiatae to ask.

I will be right back.

Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Shift Lock Control Schematics
Object Number: 621691  Size: FS