Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

71 GTO: you give me the mounting instructions for a hood tac…

Customer Question
can you give me the...
can you give me the mounting instructions for a hood tac for a 71 GTO. The measurements
of how far from the back of hood to the edge of tac hole or center of tac hole and how far from edge (side) of hood to edge of hole or center of tac hole. Thank You
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 3 days by:
6/29/2010
Pontiac Mechanic: Themaxview, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Themaxview
Themaxview, ASE Certified Technician

Check out this link below. Scroll all the way down and at the bottom of the page there is a diagram of the mounting. You will need to hold down on the control key and press the + several times to enlarge the drawing. It is legible when you blow it up and has the dimensions on it.

Mounting instructions for a hood tac

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.

I need more or better measurements than what I can make out on this. Thank You

That is the only reference I have ever seen. If you hold your control button, and press on + several times the drawing blows up, and all the dimensions are visible, I did it to see if it was legible blown up. That may be as good as it gets unless you buy one of that guys $360 tachs. Some of this old car info is tough to come by, and Pontiac never published this info because the hoods were pre drilled. You could always email him and see if he would email you a copy, I could read it plainly with the control +++++++ trick. If you have any more questions I am here to help. Good luck, and Thanks for using Just Answer.