Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

93 pontiac: bypass..trans am so I can fix the air conditioner…

Customer Question
how to bypass computer on...
how to bypass computer on 93 pontiac trans am so I can fix the air conditioner?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pontiac
6/24/2010
Pontiac Mechanic: Brian Maxwell, Pontiac Technician replied 8 years ago
Brian Maxwell
Brian Maxwell, Pontiac Technician
Hello and thank you for using just answer my name isXXXXX why are you trying to bypass computer? are you just trying to make the a/c compressor come on? A little more info please thank you
Brian
Yes. Just trying to make the compressor turn on. I was told that it could be bypassed by running a wire and a toggle switch but that's about all.
Ok find the low pressure ac switch on the line with the small charge port. it will be round with and two pin connector on it. pull the connector off. get a 3-4 inch piece of wire and one the harness you removed and touch the two connections of the harness together and tell me if the compressor comes on, if so its only a 25-30$ switch to replace. However I do not recommend hot wiring the compressor it may freeze the evaporator and blow a line this is the purpose of the switch. thank you and feel free to ask away
Brian
I didn't work. I took the car to a guy about a month ago to take a look at it, he tried the same thing and got no results. He then brought out a schematics chart and started checking the relays. The relays were all good, he then ran some sort of test light looking device into the slot where the coolant fan primary relay goes. This test device had some sort of ON and OFF switch which he pressed, and the compressor kicked in when he did that but the compressor clutch was no good. He mentioned running a wire from the relay into a toggle switch and hooking it up inside the vehicle so that I could turn the compressor on and off whenever I needed to use it. Any Ideas? He said the computer was no longer sending the signal to the compressor which tells it to turn on.
Ok well I don't recommend the hot wire its dangerous, But I'm here to help. If you still would like to know me message me again thanks
Brian
So what do you recommend?
Well we would need to fix it right where im betting the problem is in the heater ac control head I will dig up the diagrams and tell you how to test it. let me do some digging
Ok that sounds good.