Pontiac

Connect one-on-one with a verified pontiac mechanic who will answer your question

car tech
car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician

More related answers
All pontiac mechanics are VERIFIED
I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix. It was doing fine until it
Roy
Roy, shop foreman
Hi,. I have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix. It was doing fine until it stalled out on me while driving. The car then would not catch, and it seemed as if it was not getting fuel. It would try to turn over,… read more
My 2004 Pontiac Montana Has an intermittent loss of
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Technician
Hello. My 2004 Pontiac Montana Has an intermittent loss of power,back fire and stall. I have replaced: fuel pump, fuel filter, ignition control mod, all three coil packs, spark plugs, cam sensor, cran… read more
Pontiac Montana: I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana Van 3.4L V6
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Benz master tech
I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana Van 3.4L V6 that will run for 15-20 minutes then cut off unless you hold the pedal to the floor(it still pops and skips)....I have replaced the crank position sensor and … read more
Pontiac: I have a 91 grand prix le 3.1. Starts and drives for
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, self employed
I have a 91 grand prix le 3.1. Starts and drives for 5-10 minutes and then stops. Does this three or four times and then drives fine. THought it was a fuel problem. Has new fuel filter and pump. Still… read more
pontiac montana: van..its starts jerking..stalls..restart
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
yes we are having issues with our pontiac montana van when it gets to a certain temperature its starts jerking and eventually stalls out and sometimes is hard to restart and have to let it sit a minut… read more
1996 Bonneville: expressway..80 degress or warmer, the car will stall
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
I have a 1996 Bonneville SE..two type os stalling problems. First, After expressway driving, usually 80 degress or warmer, the car will stall. Then after a minute, it will restart, usually with consid… read more
92 Pontiac Bonneville: driving down..fuel filter..sputter..restart
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
I have a 92 Pontiac Bonneville. the engine will cut out as I am driving down the road and I have changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel regulator and the computer. It just drive then sputter and die… read more
1991 PONTIAC: cools..FUEL PUMP,FUEL FILTER,ALL COIL PACKS..PLATE
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
HAVE A 1991 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX.WHAT THE CAR DOES IS START FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES AND AND THEN TURNS OFF AND WILL NOT START UNTIL IT COOLS DOWN. I'VE CHANGED: FUEL PUMP,FUEL FILTER,ALL COIL PACKS AS WEL… read more
2005 Pontiac Montana: stalled..highway..we can feel the van jerk
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Pontiac Technician
We have a 2005 Pontiac Montana Van (not the SV6 model). Over the past few weeks it has stalled on us four different times when we have taken it out on the highway. First, we can feel the van jerk, the… read more
1999 Pontiac Montana: dies..the fuel filter leaking badly,replaced it
car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
I have a 1999 Pontiac Montana that will not start. Ove the past week it has been hard to start twice, the Friday it just dies while driving. I was able to pull into a parts house, checked everything, … read more
2002 Pontiac Montana: I replaces the head gaskets in it..MAP sensor
car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
I have a 2002 Pontiac Montana, I replaces the head gaskets in it and it drove fine for 2 months, then after 30 minutes the car dies and starts after letting the engine rest for 5 minutes then it lasts… read more
PONTIAC MONTANA: the sensors..already replaced..block
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Pontiac Tech -
PONTIAC MONTANA P0336 ENGINE LIGHT CODE - where are the sensors located already replaced the sensor on the block of the engine.… read more
1992 pontiac bonneville se: restart..crank but not fire..15 minutes
Pete, Automotive Diagnostic Specialist
my 1992 pontiac bonneville se dies goig dow the road. after it died i could restart it ad go about 10 to fifteen miles the it would die again it would crank but not fire. unless i let it sit for about… read more
2000 pontiac Grand AM: Liter engine..3 or 4 miles the car dies
Victor
Victor, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 2000 pontiac Grand AM with a 2.4 Liter engine. When driving the car for 3 or 4 miles the car dies. I checked for fuel pressure and it was good so I replaced the coils and coil housing and mod… read more
mins..replaced the plugs, wires, fuel filter, full pump..coil packs
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
I can go out and drive it for 15 to 30 mins an it will shut down. I have replaced the plugs, wires, fuel filter, full pump, coil packs an it still does it. any clue what I should do now?… read more
1996 pontiac grand am: 4 cylinder, automatic..000 miles
Dan, High School or GED
i bought a used 1996 pontiac grand am. 4 cylinder, automatic. it had 126,000 miles. ran for fine 5 or 6 weeks. then started the instances of no starting or stalling while drivivg or stalling when putt… read more
1990 pontiac 6000 le: restarting..various speeds and temps..reaches
Glenn
Glenn, Technician/Trainer
1990 pontiac 6000 le 3.1 . only at a certain load the car dies and then has trouble restarting. this will happen at various speeds and temps as long as it reaches this load on the engine. there are no… read more
1992 pontiac bonneville se: awhile..dies..restart after a few minutes
Arench
Arench, President
i have a 1992 pontiac bonneville se,3.8,no supercharger.when it is cold outside it is hard to start but when it is started it runs fine.when it is warm outside it will run fine in the morning then whe… read more