Pontiac

Pontiac problems? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

new starter..ignition key, but if you jump the starter..10 mins…

Customer Question
with a new starter and...
with a new starter and battery my vechile will not start with the ignition key, but if you jump the starter it will work. I've tried to reset the computer by leaving the key in the on position for 10 mins then turn it to the off position and retry but nothing

any suggestions
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pontiac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2010
Pontiac Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician replied 8 years ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Pontiac Technician
Chat Conversation Started
GM Tech (Cam) :

Does the starter click or the starter relay click when you try to start?

Customer:

you can hear a click coming from the fuse box under the hood but nothing from the starter directly

GM Tech (Cam) :

Check for power on the small stud on the starter with the key in start. USe a test light.