tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop...25yrs
14541291

2000 pontiac bonneville ssei: spark plugs..coil..i check the injectors

i have a 2000 pontiac bonneville ssei i change the spark plugs to ac delco all my wires seem to be fine i check the coil and they are working fine. i check vacum and they are good. i check the injectors and all chage the motor when you disconnect them and then put them back. I have recently put a crank shaft positon sensor in my self. It has a rough idle and when you are taking of it has a misfire and it goes and comes as your driving what is my problem?

hi

check your fuel presure regulator..sometimes the diaphram will bust on these and raw fuel will go through the vacuum line

thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so you say check the fuel pressure regulator? That would cause this to do that and i dont have any codes!

yes it can cause this with out giveing a code..if it is good.then the problem may be the ignition module..it is located under the coils

thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a way to check the fuel pressure regulator before i replace it and i will take the igniton module of today and go have it tested i bought a new one not to long ago!

well/

if the diapram is busted..you could disconnect the vacuum hose that gos to it,,and see if it smells like raw fuel has been going through the line

thank

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hey well i thank you for your time and answering all my questions i hope this is it cause im really getting tired of spending money in this car lol time to go nissan!

i hope you get it,,,stay away from nissan..lol,,we see mre problems with nissan and vw then any

thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My dad said he check the fuel pressure regulator in the vacum line and smelled no fuel where do i go from here?

well

sense you arent getting a code..the problem may be the ignition module,,did you get it tested?