jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certified
8668911

I own a 1997 Pontiac Bonneville 40th Anniversary Edition that

I own a 1997 Pontiac Bonneville 40th Anniversary Edition that I bought brand new. It cam with the Bose speaker system and amplifier. The clock/radio station display has gone out although sometimes when I tap on it, it comes back on. I was told the whole radio system needed to be replaced. I think there might be a wire short since I can get it to come on sometimes. Have you heard of this before and what do you think could be the problem?
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 8 years ago.
hi daba,these radios are prone to problems,all you can do is take the radio put and see if the connections on the back do anything when you wiggle them ,if not then when you hit it a connection in the radio makes contact but when you shut it off it loses it, or when you tap on it,the bulbs in your car will do the same thing but the filaments will connect sometimes and the bulb will work,I doubt that taking apart the radio that you will see anything but why not if you dont see anything then it is time for another radio...guy