Below are directions with photos to help out:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the harness from the wiper motor.
- Using a 8mm socket, loosen the two crank arm socket screw and lockwashers until the socket releases from the crank arm ball.
Do not remove the crank arm from the motor.
- Using a 10mm socket, remove the three motor retaining screws.
- Slide the motor out of the slot in the bracket.
See Figures 1 through 8
Fig. Fig. 1: The wiper motor is located in the engine compartment, above the engine, offset to the passenger side
Fig. Fig. 2: Loosen the two attaching bolts to disconnect the wiper transmission linkage from the pivot
Fig. Fig. 3: Note that this is a cinch type connection. Lube it on reassembly
Fig. Fig. 4: After removing the wiper motor retaining bolts, carefully lower it from its position
Fig. Fig. 5: It's easier to remove the motor from it's mount and then disconnect the electrical connectors
Fig. Fig. 6: To detach the electrical connector, first push up on the locking tab ...
Fig. Fig. 7: ... then, pull the tab out of the lock slot
Fig. Fig. 8: Separate the electrical connector from the motor.
- Make sure the wipers are in the park position.
- Slide the motor into the slot in the bracket.
- Using a 10mm socket, install the three motor retaining screws and tighten to 49-80 inch lbs. (5.5-9.0 Nm).
- Using a 8mm socket, tighten the two crank arm socket screw and lockwashers.
- Connect the harness to the wiper motor.
- Connect the negative battery cable.