Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2000 Pontiac Montana: I need instructions for replacing a heater core

I need instructions for replacing a heater core in a 2000 Pontiac Montana. Please HELP. Thanks
Category: Pontiac
Expert:  Eric replied 8 years ago.

Below are directions for the heater core replacement for 2000 Montana:

Heater core:

graphic

wiper linkage:

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
On the 2000 Pontiac Montana, I was told that you had to remove the lower dash completely. You have not mentioned anything about the inside of the car. If what you said is true for a Pontiac Montana, then I will accept. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 8 years ago.

No, you dont have to remove the dash- yours is one of the few that you dont. If you were replacing the AC evaporator core, you would need to remove the dash.

2002 and up Montanas do require removal of lower dash

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
one more time. You said 2002 and up does not require removal of lower dash. my Model is a 2000. Does this model require removal of dash and how do I go about it.
Expert:  Eric replied 8 years ago.

I believe you mis-read:

Answer January 8 2009 at 3:05 PM (17 minutes and 58 seconds later) Submit this Q&A as an Expert Test Question

2002 and up Montanas do require removal of lower dash.

Yours doesnt. 2000-2001 Montanas, the heater core comes out from engine compartment access.