Rick
Rick, Master Plumber
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 50+ yrs. experience.
94766

Toilet replace, I just replaced my toilet and a tiny piece

toilet replace
JA: What's the brand and model of your toilet? How old is it?
Customer: I just replaced my toilet and a tiny piece of the grout is wet by the tile. I replaced the ring twice and still noticing the same wet spot
JA: How long has this been going on with your toilet? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 days, tried different rings
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that sould be it

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation. Please be patient it can take a few minutes for me to respond.

What is the drain piping material? Have you tried a #10 (extra thick) wax ring?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have some pictures
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (7ZVP6S5)
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (SM1PZ5L)
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (LQLV3PS)
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
the last picture is the spot of water that I'm seeing

So you're using plastic spacers to build up the height of the flange? Did you clean the flange and seal between the spacers?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
yep I cleaned it up and put silicone
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
funny thing is that I have the same spot on my upstairs toilet. which was installed by a pro
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I know I have a good seal on the toilet to the flange, I don't see any water on the toilet when I take the toilet off
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
just the grout is wet
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
it's the perfect seal wax ring on there by danco

If the wet spot is coming from under the bowl not running down the sides of the bowl, you haven't given me any indication of a problem with the install. The seal between the spacers is critical. Maybe give this toilet seal a try
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fluidmaster-Better-Than-Wax-Universal-Wax-Free-Toilet-Seal-7530P24/205762183?MERCH=REC-_-searchViewed-_-NA-_-205762183-_-N

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
When I first changed the toilet I didn't raise the flange. I used the two wax rings and saw the same spot
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I thought I raise the flange to be level with the floor and reset the toilet with the perfect seal, and still seeing the same wet spot
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
it's driving me up a wall that I can't seem to identify where it's coming from. I set the toilet 4 times each with a different wax ring and still seeing the same thing
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
the tank to the bowl is showing now signs of leak

Technically the top of the flange should be 1/4" to 3/8" above the top of the floor. If you have tried the Fluidmaster seal I linked above give that a try.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I tried something similar, by korky
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
should I add another raiser I have three on there
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
try to set it again

If you have 3 spacers I suspect the leak is coming from between the spacers. The must be well sealed or they can leak. Beyond that, I don't have anything else from here.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
from the picture do you think I need to raise the flange or should I just take them out, and try to seal the toilet with two wax rings

Using spacers is always the better way to go but the must be sealed properly between the spacers. 2 wax rings is not something a plumber (at least decent one) would do.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
okay, I will take them off and get new ones. Is there any type of caulk I should use?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
to seal them?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I will raise it about 1/4-1/2 about the tile
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
get a new wax ring

I use an adhesive caulk like Phenoseal. Be sure you get all the old wax off the flange. Use lacquer thinner or PVC primer/cleaner to be sure. 1/2" is a bit too high.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
thank-you Rick for all the help! I will give this a try. Hoping this will solve the problem. I'll take pictures of the steps in case there are issues again. This is driving me crazy!

You're welcome. I'd appreciate a favorable rating. This thread won't go away and I'll answer questions related to this topic even after you rate me favorably. Please use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service. If you are reading this as a text please go to your account page or open the email related to this question and click on the link. Thanks!