Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a kohler k-72218 kitchen faucet. there is water

Customer Question
I have a kohler...

I have a kohler k-72218 kitchen faucet. there is water leaking from the box containing the solenoid valve assembly. Any possible quick fixes?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

We just noticed the water yesterday. only leaks when the faucet is turned on. I have noticed that there is a hesitation when you turn on the faucet before water starts coming out

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The faucet is only 2 years old and was professionally installed

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Plumbing
5/31/2018
Plumber: Matthew A, General Contractor replied 23 days ago
Matthew A
Matthew A, General Contractor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you today. I have come across a few of these in my days before and water leaking from the solenoid box is usually from the drain hose inside of it. And low pressure may be from a kinked hose and also what causing the drain hose to leak. especially if someone is under there moving things around. I do not recommend opening the box unless you what you are doing due to possibly electrical safety issues. Your safety is our number one priority. Although it may be as simple as hand tightening a hose it is still at your own risk and choice if you decide to.

I have included a breakdown of the faucet so you may have a better idea of what you are looking for.

https://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1186051_2.pdf

If you are satisfied with my answer please take a brief moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above so i can close this request. If you have any other questions i am willing to continue, please let us know.