Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

There is a small pipe coming out of the side of the house…

Customer Question
There is a small...

There is a small pipe coming out of the side of the house and is leaking water non-stop.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It looks like some kind of drain pipe, but I don't know much about these things.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is possible, sure. meaning if it is not too technical

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It looks like a thin copper pipe, It comes out of the side of the house, near to the air conditioner. it leakes like an open faucet. it has been going on for a couple of weeks.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 2 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Sounds like a condensate drain. Can you upload a picture

I'm at work right now. I can take a picture this evening when I return home.
It is just as I described, a small pipe coming out of the side of the house, and is leaking constantly. Not dripping, but actually flowing water. How do I stop it from doing this?

If it’s a condensate line attached to the air conditioner is is supposed to drain like that. It’s pulling the moisture out of the air as it cools it.

What did you find?