Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have an eco 16 water heater. Recently the hot water temp…

Customer Question
I have an eco...

I have an eco 16 water heater. Recently the hot water temp has been fluctuating. The hottest it will go is bearable to touch. Can still shower. Have had a plumber change gas bottle regulator (I use 9kg bottles).

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Plumber did this whilst I wasn't home & reckoned he'd fixed problem....sadly it hasn't.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I will if I can....I live remotely so it's very expensive to get a tradesperson back.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Any idea what I should attempt next

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Plumbing
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Problem has been going on for about a month. Still got enough to shower but only just.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hello....anyone there?
5/29/2018
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 22 days ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, try turning on the bathroom sink hot tap at the same time you run the shower with hot water, if that

'solves' the problem, the solution is to flush the water heater with white vinegar and clean its inlet screen and possibly replace the shower head if it is a low flow type.

The situation in that case would be not enough hot water flow to keep the water heaters flow switch ON.

Let me know about that,

.

! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

On this end we have to come and go to handle multiple questions, sometimes there are a few minute delays