Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I took off the clean out cap and discovered a plug/sleave…

Customer Question
I took off the...

I took off the clean out cap and discovered a plug/sleave inside the pipe.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

First off, why is it there? The problem just started today. I removed the trap and the water is coming from beyond the sink plumbing. Hence going for the clean out. I removed the cap and there is a sleeve or plug inside the pipe. How do I remove it and why would it be there?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
Plumber: Daniel Plourde, Plumber replied 2 months ago
Daniel Plourde

hi i am dan i can help you with this. can you take a picture of the part you are referring to and post it here

Would prefer the question answered without a phone call

it looks like that is an old drain access that someone left in the wall. what exactly are you trying to do?

clean it out as the sink is clogged. The sink is clogged beyond the trap.

if the pipe is clogged it will need to be snaked from the drain pipe where the trap was connected. that other pipe above it should not be used to clean out the pipe

thx

your welcome if you have any more questions about this please let me know and if this helps you i would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service by selecting one of the 5 stars on your page.