Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Leaking kitchen faucet,replace part GP1016515 but it's still…

Customer Question
Leaking kitchen faucet,replace part...

Leaking kitchen faucet,replace part GP1016515 but it's still leak on side of faucet. instruction says it needs O-ring GP30420 MY question is where does it goes?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

For as long I could remember about 2 years. leaking badly.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yeah if it's the O-ring where does it goes?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Plumbing
5/26/2018
Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Can you upload a photo showing the faucet and where the leak is actually coming from.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

This faucet has the O-rings located inside of the spout assembly. You would need to remove the handle then lift the spout up and off the large brass post where the cartridge goes. There are usually 2 large O-rings one top and one bottom. I have found that many times even after replacing the O-rings the faucet will still leak, if so I recommend replacing the entire faucet.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on May 26, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 days ago

Hello… I am sorry to keep bothering you however this question has been open for so long yet remains incomplete due to no action or responses received from you to indicate this matter has been resolved. The question can be closed out by either letting me know through this email that you are no longer in need of assistance, or by completing the 5 Star Rating. I thank you for supporting this request.

Best,

Dave