Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Water heater stopped working all the sudden. Turned the

Customer Question
Water heater stopped working...

Water heater stopped working all the sudden. Turned the breaker off and went out. 2 hrs later put the breaker in working position. Had hot water and took a shower. Then the water heater stopped working again. Tried the breaker trick again with no luck. House was unused for 6 mos. until I purchased it.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just started 3 days ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What do you think the problem is

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/26/2018
Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Is this for an electric water heater?

How many gallons, and what size is the breaker?

40 gal and I dont know right now box is outside.

Okay, it should be a 30 amp 2 pole breaker and it should be wired with 10 gauge wire. If you can confirm both of those tomorrow, then the problem may just be one or the other heating elements may have corrosion which is causing the breaker to trip when it is on.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Thanks,

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 days ago

Hello… I am sorry to keep bothering you however this question has been open for so long yet remains incomplete due to no action or responses received from you to indicate this matter has been resolved. The question can be closed out by either letting me know through this email that you are no longer in need of assistance, or by completing the 5 Star Rating. I thank you for supporting this request.

Best,

Dave