Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Working on replacing a delta wide spread bathroom faucet..

Customer Question
Working on replacing a...

Working on replacing a delta wide spread bathroom faucet.. Having trouble with the handles of the faucet.When I screw in the hex screw into the handle it does not tighten down.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Today! I just cant figure out why the hex witll not tighten down on both the hot and cold water supply lines

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 29 days ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the model of the faucet?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
delta silverton two handle widespread lavatory faucet model 35713LF-eco

So you can't make the supply tube 1/2" connection tight at the faucet?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No thanks any ideas

See last post

Call prompt is automatic I have no control over it. We can continue here

Or are you talking about the set screw on the handle?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
OK Its the handles that turn the hot and cold water on
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
when tighten them down to hold the handle in place it just pops up

Ok, then the stem probably isn't high enough to engage the set screw. Try raising the valve body.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Do I pull up on the stem unit ?

Yes, you may have to screw the top trim ring down further. Can you turn the water on/off with the handles in place (unsecured by the set screw)?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
no they spin around with no stopping point
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Rick, It looks like you are busy or we are not on the same page so I will end this and chat!

So back to my original point. You have to raise the stem. I've expalined how to do that

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have tried to screw down the ring futher to raise the stem no luck

Does the handle bottom out on the trim ring?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
until i tighten it down then it raises up

Contact Delta, this shouldn't be happening. 1-800-345-DELTA (3358)

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks for the number already have it hoping this service would of be more helpful
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Enjoy your weekend!

You're welcome