Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Former sprinkler system I have a Rachio controller which is…

Customer Question
Hello,Former sprinkler system I have...
Hello,Former sprinkler system I have a Rachio controller which is located in my garage. I recently had an issue with the electrical power in my garage and my Rachio controller was off for a number of days. Yesterday I was able to correct issue with the power and I was able to restore the power in the garage. However now I'm experiencing another issue. As soon as the power returned to the garage I noticed water seeping out off the sprinkler control box which is located in the dirt in the backyard. I disconnected the power to the Rachio controller to see if the water flow would stop at the control box but it didn't. I had to shut the water off for the entire home to stop the water flow in the control box. What could be the issue? Thank you
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Plumbing
5/25/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 28 days ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I need a better idea what's in the control box. Solenoid valves? backflow preventer(s)? something else? A picture might help

Click on the link below for info on posting pics here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Hi Rick, I am currently not at property and won’t be there until tomorrow. However from my last visit at the location I remember seeing solenoid valves. But I won’t be able to confirm until tomorrow.

Come back to thsi thread when you have more info