Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a rinnae tankless ruc80. It used to take a while to…

Customer Question
I have a rinnae...

I have a rinnae tankless ruc80. It used to take a while to get hot water to tap. (its 19 mo old). Now it comes out hot within 30 sec, but I've noticed the "in use" light seems to stay on, and it sounds like it's always being used. Even when all faucets are off...

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Started about 4 days ago. I just noticed water comes out of tap hot very fast, and thought it was due to warmer days, but I've never noticed unit Always sounding like its on and the in use light lit. Is the in use light only supposed to be on when you actually have a hot water faucet on? I thought it was, but maybe I never noticed it...I just noticed tonight that it sounds like unit is running even with faucets off.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what it is...if in fact there is a problem. Is the "in use" light supposed to be lit at all times or only when you turn a hot water tap on?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm just needing to know if the in use light is supposed to always be on, or if it's just when I turn a hot water faucet on...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Plumbing
5/2/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The in use light should only be on when you have a hot water facuet open and there is a demand for hot water. Since the unit is still under warranty I'd suggest you call the plumber who installed it and have him deal with the warranty issue